Sunday, May 9, 2010

new table

A new table has been at the top of my priority list for a long time. Unfortunately, it's not too high on Jeremy's list. We got this table 11 years ago because Jeremy's parents were getting a new table. It is REALLY old...like the table Jeremy had growing up old. I thought that maybe this would be the year...but no such luck. My sister is really into painting and restoring old furniture. She talked me into trying to paint the table. I was sceptical. I had no idea what I was doing. I looked (and sounded) like a huge idiot in Home Depot as I tried to gather the supplies I would need. It took a good 2 days to finish but I am pretty happy with the results. I think it is a definite improvement.
Before...on my birthday...notice the lovely Target chairs we puchased when the old ones broke one by one.
Middle
Middle
After...we found these chairs for cheap on Craigslist...the people we bought them from didn't have kids so they were in perfect condition.

Maybe another painting project someday?

1 comment:

Baldersons said...

The table looks so good...good job Cathy! We are pretty excited for you to come out next week!